Benzene is also related to other leukemia’s but those listed above are the ones where we have consistently been able to prove cases.
All lawsuits have time limits. This is what is known as a statute of limitation.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A CASE?
IS THE CASE AGAINST MY OLD EMPLOYER?
WHERE WILL MY LAWSUIT BE?
- Your state where you live
- The state where the company is that made the product, or
- The state where you were exposed.
Most often these cases stay in state court, but sometimes, they end up being moved to federal court. most often if they end up in Federal court, they are still in the same state, just a different court within that state.
Example Benzene Lawsuit Cases
- Man in Mid 50s who worked as a mechanic for many years. Diagnosed with AML (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia) Exposed to parts cleaners and petroleum. Case settled for confidential amount.
- Man in Mid 50s diagnosed with AML. He worked as a Plumber and Pipefitter and was exposed to chemicals in the course of his work. Settled for a confidential amount.
- Printer with AML primarily exposed to printer ink and cleaning products.
- Painter with MDS Myelodysplastic Syndromes also exposed to significant strong petroleum cleaners.
Which Leukemias are Connected to Benzene?
The following diseases and disorders are connected to Benzene exposure:
Acute Myelogenous Lukemia
How easy is it to show these diseases are connected?
It depends on each case. The science on those 4 different disorders and diseases makes a pretty clear connection between them and benzene. So, usually the hardest part of any case is finding out and proving which products are involved. Once you determine the products, then the science usually makes the connection. Now, the defense lawyers will try to disprove that connection, but that is all just part of the process.